Your directory profile
HealthKit's directory and online bookings service is automatically integrated into your practice management software and allows you to grow and promote your practice to new patients and referrers through HealthKit's directory. New and existing patients can also book directly with you through the HealthKit directory or through your website linked to the HealthKit directory. You have the flexibility to choose the level of information shown on your profile and you're also provided with two online bookings options, all of which can be tailored for each practitioner at each practice location in your practice.
- 1 Viewing and editing your directory profile
- 2 Setting your directory preferences
- 3 Online bookings
- 4 Sharing your directory profile and online bookings calendar
- 5 Linking online bookings from your website
Viewing and editing your directory profile
You can view your profile as it appears in the HealthKit directory by clicking the green View Profile button on the top right of your screen next to your login toggle.
Your profile shows:
- Your name;
- Contact details for your practice locations (with visual maps);
- Your qualifications, expertise and personal description;
- Languages you speak;
- Clinical orientation; and
- Other services you provide such as home visits and wheelchair access.
You can edit these details on your Personal and Locations pages. You can make your profile visible or hidden on your Personal page by clicking the Edit icon next to Directory Profile and selecting your preferred option. You can set what level of information is shown on your Locations page.
Setting your directory preferences
HealthKit administrators verify your account within 1-2 business days after you join HealthKit.
If you do not have the option available to make your profile visible, HealthKit administrators have not been able to verify your identity or profession. If you signed up more than 2 business days ago and your account has not been verified, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Watch this mini video for more information on profile verification.
If your profile is not verified and you want patients to make online bookings with you, select the directory profile option called Enabled not searchable (see below).
You can make your HealthKit directory profile visible or hidden whenever you need to by clicking the Edit icon in the Directory Profile area of the Personal page. You have 3 options for managing your profile visibility:
- Public: visible and included in search results - use this option when you are accepting new patients and want existing patients and referrers to be able to access your profile;
- Hidden: not visible and not included in search results - use this option when you are not accepting new patients and not want existing patients and referrers to be able to access your profile or online bookings; and
- Enabled not searchable: the link to your profile is accessible but your profile is not included in search results - use this option when you want people to be able to access your profile including your online bookings but do not want new patients and so do not want to appear in search results.
Adding a photo to your profile
You can choose to add a your photograph to personalise your HealthKit profile. Adding your photograph can increase the number of patients and referrers who contact you, and can increase number of completed online bookings that you receive.
You can add your photograph in the Directory Profile section of your General page by clicking the Add Photo button. Select the photograph from your computer and click the Save button. Your photo is automatically scaled to a maximum height and width of 200px, and it appears on your directory profile when your profile is visible.
Setting the level of contact information which is shown on your profile
If your profile is set to Public in the Directory Profile section of your Personal page, you can set the level of contact information shown on your profile for each practice location. You can choose to have different levels of contact information shown for different practice locations in your practice, and for different practitioners in your practice.
You set the level of information for each practice location in the Hours, Profile and Booking Preferences section of your Locations page.
|Preference||Example and description|
|Phone||Include your phone number on your profile to enable new and existing patients to call you.|
|Street address||e.g. 1 Main Street, so that patients can find your exact address, which is shown on the map on your profile. Change the setting to Hidden if you only want your suburb shown on the directory.|
|Email address||The email address listed on your Personal page is shown if you set email address to Public. Make your email address public if you are comfortable with new and existing patients and others emailing you; change the setting to Hidden if you do not want your email address shown on the directory.|
|Contact button||Enable the Contact button if you want new and existing patients and others to send you emails without your email address being visible (their email is sent through HealthKit to you automatically without them seeing your email address). Do not enable the Contact button if you do not want to receive email contact through the HealthKit website.|
|Practice hours||Make your practice hours Public to show when you are available to see patients at this clinic; hide practice hours if you do not want this information shown.|
|Fees||Show your fees if you want your selected fees listed on your profile (you can select whether a specific fee is shown on your profile when you add or edit a fee). Hide your fees if you do not want your fees shown on your profile.|
HealthKit's online bookings enable you to grow and promote your practice to new patients and referrers through HealthKit's directory, and also allow patients to book directly with you from your website. With the options of time-specific and request-based online bookings processes, HealthKit gives you complete flexibility to set different preferences for each practitioner at each practice location on your Locations page, with requests accepted and managed on your calendar.
After you confirm an online booking, there is nothing more you need to do because the appointment is handled in the same way as any other appointment, so you can change the time of the appointment, change other appointment details or delete or cancel the appointment.
Sharing your directory profile and online bookings calendar
You can share your directory profile and online bookings calendar with people by giving them a link to your specific profile in the HealthKit directory.
The specific link to your HealthKit directory profile and online bookings calendar is shown on your Profile Preferences. You can obtain your directory profile link (which you can share with your patients, colleagues and referrers) by clicking the Edit icon in the Directory Profile area of the Personal page, and copying the website code for the directory link using your keyboard or mouse.
Linking online bookings from your website
You can choose between two options for linking online bookings to your website:
- Book now button: where patients click on the button they are taken from your website to your HealthKit profile and online booking page. Your website developer can create a button on your website, using code specific to you.
- Embedded online booking calendar: so that patients can see your calendar on your website (without seeing other patients' names) and make appointments directly. Because the code is embedded into your website, patients do not need to leave your website to make an online booking with you. Your website developer can embed your unique code directly onto your website.
Both codes can be found on the Directory Profile and Booking Preferences section of your General page. If your Profile is set to Hidden, change it to Public, save your changes and open the Directory Profile page again to see your unique codes. To use the embedded code, copy the html code and paste in into your website. To use the button code, you can copy the code, and ask your website developer to create a button for your website.
Watch this video for more information on linking your profile to your website.