You can track a range of financial performance parameters through your HealthKit, including income, profit and loss as well as unpaid invoices.
Type of report
To create a report, first select the type of report that you would like to create. You can create the following reports:
|Income||Track the revenue/fees that are paid for a particular period of time|
|Expenses||Track all the expenses that you have entered into HealthKit over a particular period of time|
|Profit and loss||Track how profitable your practice is over a particular period of time|
|Invoice||Track and review all invoices regardless of whether the invoices have been paid or not|
|Unpaid invoices||Track and review invoices that have not been paid|
|Auto payments||Track payments that have been electronically processed through HealthKit and transferred to you|
|Deposit||Track deposits and prepayments that patients have made|
|Credit card expiry||See when patients' credit and debit cards will expire|
|Business Activity Statement (BAS)||(For Australian practitioners) Calculate your inputs into your quarterly BAS Statement|
|Simpler BAS||(For Australian practitioners) Calculate your inputs into your quarterly BAS Statement, based on ATO defined requirements for small businesses|
|Medicare claims||(For Australian practitioners) Create a list of Medicare and DVA rebates processed for patients' rebates, bulk-bill and DVA invoices|
|Unprocessed Medicare claims||(For Australian practitioners) View all bulk bill and DVA rebates that have not been paid|
|Tyro||(For Australian practitioners) View all transactions made using a Tyro terminal|
|Xero Syncing||View all invoices, expenses and deposits and their syncing statuses for practitioners who use Xero. If syncing has failed you can resync.|
Filtering reports by key parameters
You can filter the report to show key information, depending on the type of report you are running. Filters are shown after you select the type of report. Filters are all optional. Filters that are available include:
- Date range: Select the date range using the date picker.
- By practitioner: select the practitioner about whom the report is being run. You can run the report for your whole practice by leaving this field empty. If you are a sole practitioner the report is run solely for you.
- By location: select the practice for which you are running the report. If you have only one practice location, the report is run solely for that practice. Leave the field empty if you want to run the report for all locations.
- By patient or organisation: select whether you want to filter for a specific patient or a specific organisation and then start typing and select the patient's name or the organisation's name.
- Payment method: select Payment Method using the radio buttons, then select the payment method (e.g. cash, cheque, etc) using the Payment Method drop-down menu.
- Fee: select Fee using the radio buttons, and then you can select on the basis of a specific fee or a specific fee type (e.g. treatment versus travel time).
You can select multiple filters at the same time.
In addition to the above filters, you can also filter each report with report-specific filters, shown below:
- Expenses: category (e.g. equipment, rent).
- Income: payment methods (e.g. cash, eftpos), fees (name and category, such as treatment) and whether to display patient names or not (it is recommended that you hide patient names if you are running the income report in order to export it and provide it to a third party such as your accountant).
- Medicare claims: claim status (e.g. successful, submitted, failed, cancelled).
- Reminders: status (e.g. sent, failed, cancelled), type (e.g. email or SMS) and sub-type (e.g. appointment notification, changed appointment and two-way SMS).
- Unpaid invoices: days unpaid/overdue, payment methods (e.g. cash, eftpos), fees (name and category, such as treatment) and whether to display patient names or not (it is recommended that you hide patient names if you are running the income report in order to export it and provide it to a third party such as your accountant).
- Unprocessed Medicare: appointment age (i.e. days since the the earliest date of appointment to be shown in the report) and type (e.g. patient rebates, DVA or bulk bill).
Completing the report
Click here to see this in action.